We all know dumping rubbish on another person’s property is illegal but it is continuing to happen in our neighbourhoods across Melbourne, particularly in high-growth areas.
Illegal dumping happens in the form of hard, green waste and other kinds of rubbish.
Easy Skip Hire & Rubbish Removal is a leading Green waste removal Melbourne, general domestic and commercial waste management company. Call us now to get an estimate.
Let’s talk about possible ways to manage illegal rubbish dumping.
How do I prevent neighbours from dumping rubbish on my property?
It is not the best experience you would like to have when a neighbour dumps rubbish in your property or skip bins. The costs to remove dumped waste can run into thousands of dollars, which is all your cost to bear.
Here are some tips and tricks for you:
- Temporary Fencing: Always use temporary fencing to cordon off your block as soon as you can.
- Photos: Take photos with time and date as this may help if you need to challenge the council in future should you be the victim of illegal dumping resulting in a council fine.
- Signage: Put up signage on the fence stating “this area is under regular surveillance”. Trespassers would be prosecuted
- Monitor: Regularly check the site. If you know someone local, as them to check in from time to time.
- Builders: Talk and introduce yourself to any builders adjoining your property so they know you are switched on. The fact is most illegal dumping comes from neighbouring builders sadly.
- CCTV: If you have CCTV cameras operating and if you notice someone dumped rubbish in your property or bin then you can report to the local council.
- At first sign of any dumping, get us to remove it as leaving it signals a GREEN light to dumpers and it will fast become a problem hotspot, for which you are 100% liable.
In the community, it’s everyone’s responsibility to do the right thing by not dumping any kind of rubbish in neighbour’s gardens, front yard or nature strip. You should always use a professional rubbish removal Melbourne company if you have rubbish which you would like to get rid of.
Local councils do their best to catch those who dump rubbish illegally and it’s important you do your part to keep your property clean. However, you may be the one receiving the fine in some instances if waste is on your block and it’s unmanaged.
If you notice illegal rubbish dumping, you should take pictures and lodge a complaint to your local council. Then contact US and we will clear the block and get it ready for your builder to commence work upon.
How to stop illegal rubbish dumping at a construction site?
- Illegal dumping at a construction site is another problem in Melbourne. If you are a builder then you should try and use professional builders rubbish removal Melbourne service provider like Easy Skip Hire to get rid of your rubbish sooner than later so that others will not have the opportunity to dump and mix rubbish with your rubbish.
- You do not want it becoming an illegal dumping hotspot for which you are liable.
If you need help with your rubbish removal job then call us today! We are a trusted rubbish removal Point Cook based company and we offer services across Melbourne.
If you need urgent same day rubbish removal then call us on 1300 397 547 and talk to our staff. We do our best to accommodate based on our availability.